Friday, August 15, 2008

Nature Lover


I know I have said this before, but Caleb absolutely LOVES to be outside. It doesn't matter how hot or cold...he just wants to be outdoors. This summer we have had a lot of fun outside at the pool, playing with the sprinkler, watering the garden, wading in the river...pretty much anything involving water. And, on days when we couldn't go outside and needed to find something to do indoors, what else but put both of the boys in the kitchen sink and have water play! Needless to say, it is kind of hard to watch a 19 month old and 6 month old around the water. But somehow we have managed. One day when it wasn't too hot out, we went to River Park near Crockett Park to go for a walk and look for rocks. Caleb loves to collect all different types of rocks whenever he sees them, so this was our adventure for the day. Luckily, Caden fell asleep during the walk, so Caleb and I could have some fun in the river. Caleb would say, "Yook Mama, Yook,a rock!" (That means "look mama look, a rock," ...We obviously still need to work on our L's.) It was nice to have the one on one time with Caleb since it seems like those moments are so few and far between these days. What's funny to me is that I never pictured myself raising two boys. I always thought I would have a girly girl and dress her up in frilly dresses and such. However, I am having so much fun going on these adventures and getting down and dirty with my little man. It is so amazing to see him get excited about the little things that we as adults seem to overlook. It is so refreshing to see things from his point of view.
Here are some pics of the fun times we have had.




0 comments: