Saturday, August 2, 2008

6 Months Old



Yes, that's right. Caden is officially 6 months old. I can't believe he is already at the halfway point. People warned me that the time would fly this second time around and they were definitely right. My little baby is getting so big. We went to the doctor for his 6 month checkup and I couldn't believe how big he was. He weighed 17 1/2 pounds. He is a chunk. I looked back at Caleb's stats for his 6 month checkup and Caden is just 2 ounces less than Caleb. I can't believe it. If you would have asked me 5 months ago if I ever thought he would be this big and gaining weight like his brother, I never would have guessed it. I'm so glad we are past those troublesome weight checks...whew!!! Anyways, he has definitely grown and the Dr. is very pleased with how much he has developed and grown. Shane was a little disappointed though because he was only in the 10th percentile for length. The doctor called him a square and said that he will most likely hit a growth spurt when he gets older. We'll keep our fingers crossed for that one. Other than that, he is doing great. We are so blessed to have two healthy and happy little boys!!!

As for Caleb, he has been sick this week. He woke up Monday morning with a fever and it progressively got worse. So, we headed to the dr. and it was strep throat...how on earth he caught that, I don't know. So, after 3 sleepless nights and some strong antibiotics, he is definitely on the mend and back to his rambunctious little self.




Here is a picture of Caleb driving his car and talking on the cell phone...let's not tell our State Farm Agent about this one! ;)

Here is Caden making a silly face scrunching his nose. Shane made this face at him one time and now whenever we want him to smile, he makes this face and thinks it is so funny!
We hope everyone is having a great week!!!

0 comments: