Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kids say the funniest things!!!

Okay, so today has been one of those crazy days. It all started this morning when I was making Shane's lunch for work. Well, I couldn't find a bag to put it in so I got an old gift bag from one of the baby gifts we received. Shane was not too thrilled to take such a girly, sissy bag, considering he is such a manly man. So, after much persistence, he reluctantly agreed. After all, the only people who would see it were his parents and Angela and Kara. So, Shane left for work and about 5 minutes after leaving, I realized he forgot his lunch. I'm not sure if he did it on purpose, but he swears he just simply forgot. Anyways. He had to turn around and come back to the house to get it. About 10 minutes later, I get another phone call and it is Shane asking me to come and pick him up because his truck had broken down. For those of you who know my husband, you know that he will not get rid of something until it absolutely has no life left. Big Blue has almost 200,000 miles on her and Shane is determined to keep her as long as he can. So, after getting the boys dressed and loaded up in the car, we made our way to the local car shop to pick him up. We finally got there and Shane came out with just a cup of coffee. "Where's your lunch?" I asked him. "Oh yeah, let me go get it."-Shane. So, he had to go into the shop and get his keys from some of the manliest men I had ever seen. Just picture your average mechanic...girly bags and mechanics don't mix. So, after Shane got his lunch out of the car, he had to go back in front of the manly men to give back his keys. Needless to say, they saw the bag and had to make a few comments. Poor Shane, he was embarrassed and couldn't believe he was carrying around the bag. I guess I was wrong about the people at the office being the only ones to see the bag. So, after a few chuckles, we headed to the office to drop Shane off. As we were driving, we started talking about what could be wrong with the car and how much he thought it would be to fix it. Then, Caleb out of the blue says, "Daddy! Buy a new car daddy!" I couldn't believe it. We hadn't even mentioned buying a new car and Caleb just decided to throw that out there. How funny! I guess we don't give him as much credit as he deserves...this little man knows what is going on and just takes the no-nonsense approach. I love it! If it doesn't work, just go buy a new one...I think he gets that from his mom. So, we shall see if it is the end of Big Blue. If so, I will be sad to see her go, but oh so excited to see who joins our family next!
We hope you are having a great week!

0 comments: