Monday, August 4, 2008

Family Fun at the Fair

This week we headed to the Williamson County Fair. This was a first for Caleb and a first for me. We were invited last year, but it was way too hot and Caleb was still too little. So, we loaded up the car and headed down to the Ag center. We met the Laytons and Maymie and Pappy (Shane's parents). We went around 7 so the heat wasn't that bad. I must say it wasn't what I expected at all. It was lots of fun and they had neat activities for the kids. There were a few rides that Caleb could go on. I of course was very nervous. Not only because of the fact that they were fair rides and all of the germs, but also because Caleb had never been on a ride in his life. Luckily, he had his sweet cousin Paisley with him to make sure he was safe. She is such a little mother...it is too cute. So, after riding the rides, we headed indoors to the area for the kids. They got to pretend to milk cows, pick apples, grow vegetables, etc. Caleb enjoyed that, but I must say the highlight of his evening was when he got to sit on the real tractor. He could have stayed up there all night! We then went to see the live animals. Caleb had a chance to ride a horse, but once he got up there, he wanted right off. After visiting the animals and enduring the wonderful smell of them, we decided it was time to grab a bite to eat. At the beginning of the night, Brian had asked me to ride one of the adult rides with him, and of course I said no. For those of you who know me, you know that I am not a fan. However, I guess a part of me wanted to be a little daring, so when he asked again when we were heading to dinner, I surprisingly said yes. So, we rode this tilt-a-whirl ride that was ABSOLUTELY horrendous. After the first 30 seconds I felt sick and I never felt right for the rest of the night. Anyways. Brian seemed to enjoy it and I'm glad that he had someone to ride the ride with him. I'm not sure though which he enjoyed more, the thrill of the ride, or making fun of me for feeling so sick. Either way, we had a great time and are looking forward to going again next year!
Caden of course was with us, and he enjoyed just hanging out and watching all of the people and animals. He is so good and content to just be with everyone else. He is such a sweet baby!

Here are some pics from the fair.






We hope everyone is having a great week!

0 comments: