Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Always keep out of children's reach

Okay. So, whenever it comes to dangerous things like poison and medication, I ALWAYS follow these guidelines...Always keep out of children's reach. However, I never really thought about it with Caden and his food. It all started one glorious morning when Caleb had to use the potty. He is definitely not potty trained, but he will tell me sometimes when he needs to go potty. And, if he uses the potty, he will get a treat. So when he's gotta go, he's gotta go. With that said, the other morning, I was finishing up Caden's breakfast when Caleb informed me that he needed to go potty. I figured I could leave Caden's food in the cup holder of the tray of the high chair while I helped Caleb. I would only be gone for a minute...or so I thought. Besides, he had never been able to reach it before, so I thought it would be safe. Well, I obviously thought wrong. After helping Caleb use the big potty to go pee pee, and having him pee all over my leg and foot because it squirted out of the toilet, I came back to the kitchen to find this...

Sweet Caden had grabbed the container and decided to play with his food. So, after cleaning up a mess of pee, I got to clean up prune boy. When I came back and saw this, all I could do was laugh and get the camera for a picture. Oh well, what can you do? All I can say is that I definitely learned my lesson. To all of you out there with kids that think they have put something completely out of their reach...think again. If it is something that looks like a lot of fun, where there is a will, there is a way.

2 comments:

Amanda Williams said...

I had to show this to a gal I work with, I was just over here dying laughing. It's good that you have such a laid back attitude about it, I guess you have to with these two young ones!=) I love his face in the prune picture, so funny!

The Pharrs said...

Ha!! Now you know how I had the presence of mind to shoot that infamous "poop" picture of Solomon!! I love it! The boys are beautiful! I can't wait to see you guys again.