Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This year has flown by and I can't believe we are already celebrating Thanksgiving. We had a busy day planned. First, I got up early and ran the Boulevard Bolt with my little sister. I haven't been able to run it the past two years, so I was definitely looking forward to it. Usually, the weather is freezing cold and you have to bundle up. This year it was absolutely perfect! We could not have had better weather for the race and the festivities. After the race, we headed to Maymie and Pappy's for our first meal of the day. It was great to see all of the extended family and hang out and let the kids play. We then went to my grandmother's to celebrate with all of my side of the family. Caleb and Caden are the only great-grandchildren on my side of the family and the youngest ones around. So, they are spoiled with all of the attention and have all of my family wrapped around their finger. We played, watched football, and ate some yummy food. It was great to see and catch up with everyone.
I love this time of year as we get to spend time with family and friends and give thanks for all we have been blessed with. There are so many things to be thankful for, and I am thankful for each and every one of you. I hope you have all had a Happy Thanksgiving!!! We love you!!!

0 comments: