Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hand Foot and Mouth Disease

Does anyone know what that is? I had never heard of it until this week. Well, according to the doctor it is highly contagious and yes, Caleb somehow has caught it. For the past three days Caleb has had a fever of 103 and not been able to eat or drink much of anything. It even hurts him to swallow his own saliva. :( He is so pitiful. All we've done lately is let him nap, try to eat popsicles, and read lots of books. From what I've been told it lasts for about a week. So hopefully we are halfway there. Oh yeah, since it is extremely contagious we are doing everything in our power to keep Caleb away from Caden. yeah right...like that really works. I've been dissinfecting like crazy so we shall see. I will keep my fingers crossed. In the mean time, if anyone has any suggestions of what to do to help him drink or eat something, please let me know. At this point I will pretty much do anything.
For an update on Caden. Well, he has been so sweet and patient considering what we've been going through the past few days. He is getting so big and growing up so fast. He has started rolling over and actually likes tummy time now. He loves to be sung to and loves to talk to us. He is full of smiles and I love to hear his precious laugh. He will be 4 months next week and I can hardly believe it. My how time flies.

Thanks for checking in. I hope everyone is having a good week!!!

3 comments:

maryann said...

Hey Amanda! Daniel shared an e-mail you sent about your blog. Your boys are precious!!! I hope the germs leave QUICKLY!

The Pharrs said...

I can't believe how big Caden is getting. I'm glad I can check up on you guys now since we don't ever see you!!

Amanda Williams said...

Oh my goodness, you have TWO now?!!! I had no idea, do you just like being pregnant? :):) Totally kidding. They are absolutely gorgeous and you look so happy. Congrats and let's seriously find some time to catch up. You should come by and see the house now, we have a fence and are so much more settled now!!!!