Saturday, January 31, 2009

Good Old Rocky Top

This weekend we headed up to Knoxville for the TN vs FL men's basketball game. I actually had an Arbonne event to attend, so we made a big trip out of it. Shane's good friend "Bean" came with us so Shane would have someone to keep him company while I was working. There were quite a few interesting moments that happened when we were there, but I just had to share this one. I had to get ready for my event and I left my make-up bag in the car. We were on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex and the balcony was facing the street the car was parked on. Shane went down to the car to get the bag and instead of walking all the way up the stairs, he decided that he could just throw it to me on the balcony. Now, of course I had some doubts because it was a pretty good distance. However, my sweet husband, who used to play football and baseball mind you, quickly reassured me that it was not a problem and he could make it easily. So, holding my breath, I agreed and low and behold, guess what happens. The make-up bag does NOT make it to the top. Instead, it lands on the balcony below us. No problem right? Wrong. We quickly went downstairs to someone's apartment we did not know to see if we could go out to their balcony and get my make-up bag. Well, it turn out they are not home. We couldn't jump down or climb over to the balcony because there was too great a distance. So, with about 20 minutes to get ready, the boys decide to walk down the street and ask the firemen if they could borrow the ladder. I guess it was a boring day in K-town because when the door opened, not only did they have a ladder, but they had all of the firemen at the fire hall walking down the street to "rescue" my make-up bag. Just the sight of seeing these men climbing the ladder to rescue some make-up was pretty hysterical. But, the firemen actually thanked Bean and Shane for asking them for help because they had nothing to do. Too funny. So, needless to say, everything worked out great and we ended up making it to the game after the event and had a great time. The Vols killed the Gators and a great time was had by all! Thanks to Mere and Pa for watching the boys. Of course, they had a fabulous time and enjoyed being spoiled even more!

0 comments: