Saturday, September 27, 2008

Crazy Times at the Pharr House!!!

The past few weeks have been absolutely CRAZY!!! It all started with the gas shortage. Seriously? Why was almost EVERY single gas station in the Nashville area out of gas? And WHY would you have to wait in line for a least an hour just to get a rationed amount of gas? I didn't understand and I still don't. So, that was a sign that our weekend trip to Knoxville was not going to go according to plan. The next thing that happened was that Shane got sick. At first he thought it was just food poisoning. However, two days later when Friday evening rolled around and he still couldn't get out of bed, we realized that we would definitely NOT be going to the game. So, we had to sell the football tickets (which were his birthday present)and watch the game from home. It turns out we didn't miss anything at all. The Vols ended up losing again!!! His poor stomach bug lasted throughout the weekend. By the time it was all said and done, Shane had lost 8 pounds...and that is not an exaggeration. By the time he was feeling better, no one else was sick so I thought we had escaped it. Yeah right. That Monday we were driving in front of Governor's Club when all of a sudden Caden started throwing up and choking on his vomit. Talk about scary! I almost wrecked trying to pull over. Luckily, we made it to Maymie and Pappy's house and Maymie was so gracious to let us clean up and take a bath at her house. Poor Caden obviously had the bug and he was pitiful. Caleb has never had a stomach virus so this was my first experience with a baby and vomit and let me tell you...it was NO fun! Caden started feeling better by Wednesday and I was just waiting for Caleb to get it too. However, I was shocked to find out that I was the one to be the next victim. And let me just tell you it was awful. I never got sick, but I was unable to get out of bed for a day and a half. So, here we are and Caleb still has not gotten sick. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that he was the lucky one this time!
We are all feeling better and have thoroughly disinfected the entire house.

We do have a new toy here at the house and the boys absolutely love it! Caleb got a power wheels 4-wheeler to ride just like daddy's 4-wheeler. I actually found it on clearance at Target and couldn't pass it up! So, we put it together and let Caleb drive it around the house. At first, he wasn't quite sure of how to steer it. He just hit the gas and drove straight into the kitchen table causing one of the chairs to fall on him. It didn't hurt him...I think it just scared him. Shane and I were laughing hysterically at the sight of him trying to drive and running straight into things without letting off the gas. I wish I had video of it. We are enjoying our new toy and loving the fall weather that has come our way! We hope you are having a great week!


1 comments:

Abigail and Ansley said...

Stomach bugs are NO fun! I am glad that everyone is better. We were SO sad to miss you in Florida. We hope you had lots of fun!